node.js resources. GET HYPE!
- Easiest way to install node.js on your Mac: Download and doubleclick (Source: here)
- Make sure you have npm - See Step 4 (If you're on a Mac, you already have it). Makes installing modules EASY.
- Read the documentation on node.js
- Review recommended modules (MySQL?! YES, PLEASE)
- Install the Express framework (In terminal: $ sudo npm install express). Check out their screencasts to get started quickly.
- Learn the jade template engine. (In terminal: $ sudo npm install jade )
- Grab the html5 boilerplate for node.js (And bug robrighter to keep up with boiler plate updates)
- Move out of your parent's basement and get a job (Article from Mashable as well)