Some common Git tips
1) Use $ git merge to cleanly extract files from other branches. Not my tip - credit and full explanation here
2) $ git branch -r - Show all remote branches
3) $ git branch -a - Show remote and local branches, add star next to your current branch
4) $ git fetch - If you are trying to switch to a branch you know exists, but receive an error message telling you it's not found, use this command to update your local copy with the latest from the remote. Then you should be able to checkout the branch.
5) $ git clone -b branchname firstname.lastname@example.org:username/SomeRepo.git - Clone directly into a specific branch
comments powered by Disqus